Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Volunteer Visit Pictures

The Regional house library/ projector wall in Kaolack
Me with my new family in Dassilame Seereer.  The man two to my left is the Theatre Director of the troupe in town..


My ridiculously nice two room hut :-)

Toubacouta.  So so nice :-)

Beer and Patagonia

Cail (my closest neighbor) and Jessica at the Campamonte
The master farmer site

Riding through a herd of cows.

Jessica with dinner. Yum :-)

Me Joey and Jaime in Sokone.

A standard Senegalese Dog.  They aren't as cuddly as American Dogs :-(

The road from Toubacouta to Dassilame Seereer.

Back in Thies with my buds Chris and Greg.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Garrison. So great to see you and what is happening. My minds image of Africa is forever changed because I can never think of Africa with out thinking of you and seeing you there. It's all starting to feel so natural. As you become more accustomed to it so do we. Thanks for keeping us in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Garrison! You probably don't remember me but we did 4H stuff, my kids are Evan, Tiare, Carl, Tatiana and Cody (of your age group anyway). Tatiana was in pc 07-09 in Zambia doing just what you are doing, ag stuff. She loved it.
    She had some amazing adventures and went many places. Keep your parents posted as often as possible. You can't imagine what's its like on this end as one of your babies goes off to a 3rd world country. Good Luck, Donna Stephens

    ReplyDelete